Quick Guide 2: Intelligence
Manuel Medina, specialised Intelligence Analyst for our Illegal Wildlife Trade programme, sets out the basics of intelligence analysis and why we do it. Key questions are:
- What is intelligence in a nutshell?
- What types of intelligence are there?
- How does intelligence reduce information overload?
- How do you know whether intelligence is reliable?
- How is intelligence produced?
About this Quick Guide
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. It is part of the Basel Institute on Governance Quick Guide series, ISSN 2673-5229.
Links and other languages
United Nations Global Compact: Communication on Engagement 2023
Our fifth Communication on Engagement to the United Nations Global Compact details our support…
Guide to strengthening internal controls to prevent corruption in illegal wildlife trade enforcement
This how-to guide was developed for programme managers and donors who seek to understand and…