Registration open: 7th Global Conference on Criminal Finances and Cryptocurrencies
Registration is now open for the 7th Global Conference on Criminal Finances and Cryptocurrencies (#7CrC). The conference will take place on 26–27 October 2023 at the Europol headquarters in The Hague, Netherlands.
The hybrid conference explores trends, strategies and tactics in tackling crimes involving virtual assets. A joint initiative of the Basel Institute on Governance and Europol, the annual event now draws hundreds of experts and interested parties from around the world.
Through short presentations, panel discussions and case studies, the conference participants seek to illuminate how criminals can abuse the virtual asset ecosystem and develop recommendations on what law enforcement, regulators and the private sector can do about it.
Confirmed speakers on day 1 span the private sector (including major virtual asset service providers and blockchain analytics firms), law enforcement and relevant regulatory or supervisory authorities.
Day 2 is dedicated to law enforcement, with international cryptocurrency investigators sharing case studies and typologies.
The conference will be held in a hybrid format, with just 100 spaces available for in-person attendance on each day. Virtual participation is unlimited; previous years have seen over 2,000 people logging on.
- Virtual participation on Day 1 (26 October – 09:00–17:00 CEST) is open to all.
- In-person participation on Day 1 is invitation only due to space restrictions.
- Either in-person or virtual participation on Day 2 (27 October – 09:00–15:00 CEST) is strictly limited to law enforcement and related public authorities.
Attendance is free but pre-registration is required.
Important: Attendance on day 2 and in-person attendance on either day are subject to confirmation by the organising committee. Do not make travel arrangements before receiving written confirmation.
Registration requests will be reviewed in early September and you will be notified following the review.
- Register for virtual participation on Day 1 on the Europol website. Enter the code OTY659%^$OTHETY and click "New registration".
- Law enforcement/related public authorities only: Request registration for both days on the Europol website. Enter the code FSTR54*&^THYTER and click "New registration". Please note that registration requests will be confirmed only starting in early September.
- For queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View the 2022 conference joint press release.
- View the 2021 virtual conference YouTube playlist.
- Learn more about the Basel Institute's Cryptocurrencies and AML Compliance training course – spaces available on new courses in November and December.
Online event: Safeguarding Ukraine’s forests – environmental corruption during wartime
On 11 September 2023, the Basel Institute on Governance in partnership with WWF-Ukraine will…
19 September: A high-level conversation on fighting financial crime as a driver of environmental degradation
Senior representatives of the U.S., Ukrainian and Liechtenstein Governments are gathering at the…