Illicit trade in natural resources – a Corrupting the Environment event
This virtual event explored how technology, cooperation and information-sharing are key to combating the trade in illegal goods, including wildlife, minerals and forest products.
It was part of the Corrupting the Environment webinar series of the Basel Institute on Governance and the OECD.
Piotr Stryszowski, Senior Economist at the OECD’s Task Force on Countering Illicit Trade, moderated the event, featuring:
- Crawford Allan, Senior Director Americas and Wildlife Crime, TRAFFIC
- Sofie H. Flensborg, Legal Advisor, CITES Secretariat
- Alvise Giustiniani, Vice President of Illicit Trade Prevention, Philip Morris International (PMI)
- Guilhem Isaac Georges, Senior Manager, Sustainability, CMA CGM
- LCL Christian Tournié, Deputy Head of the Office for European and International Affairs, Central Office for Combating Crimes against the Environment and Public Health, France National Gendarmerie
Climate Finance working group meeting: maladaptation - when climate finance backfires
As the climate crisis worsens, it is imperative to consider the barriers to climate finance…
Is the climate crisis a corruption crisis? An interview with Brice Böhmer
Our Environmental Crime Specialist Dr Amanda Cabrejo le Roux interviewed Brice Böhmer, Climate…