Assessing corruption risks that undermine law enforcement action against natural resource crimes
Hosted by the Basel Institute on Governance as part of the Targeting Natural Resource Corruption (TNRC) Learning Series, this webinar addressed three learning questions:
- What are the advantages and challenges of implementing Corruption Risk Assessments (CRAs) with Natural Resource Management (NRM) agencies mandated to investigate and prosecute natural resource crimes?
- What conditions and resources are conducive to implementing CRAs efficiently?
- What are the risks in conducting CRAs?
- What are early examples of practical findings from the study that could lead to effective risk mitigation measures in the target law enforcement agencies?
The Basel Institute's Juhani Grossmann moderated the panel, featuring:
- Manuel Medina, Basel Institute on Governance
- Joel Segura Alania, Lawyer and expert
- Brighton Kalaembeni Kumchedwa, Lilongwe National Park
- Donnamarie O'Connell, Lilongwe Wildlife Trust
Climate Finance working group meeting: maladaptation - when climate finance backfires
As the climate crisis worsens, it is imperative to consider the barriers to climate finance…
Is the climate crisis a corruption crisis? An interview with Brice Böhmer
Our Environmental Crime Specialist Dr Amanda Cabrejo le Roux interviewed Brice Böhmer, Climate…