Basel Open Intelligence
Basel Open Intelligence is a targeted open-source search tool. It helps compliance officers and investigators to spot and analyse potential links between individuals, companies and criminal activities.
- Runs one-click, multilingual searches on individuals and organisations.
- Searches nearly 200 keywords on financial and other crimes or custom keyword lists.
- Collates and filters open-source information from media, blogs, PEP databases and sanction lists.
- Displays highlights and excerpts for fast analysis.
- Extracts entities and identifies connections between persons, organisations, professional positions and locations.
- Generates custom reports.
Download an information flyer on Basel Open Intelligence in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese.
Why use Basel Open Intelligence?
For compliance and due diligence
Compliance officers, accountants and lawyers consider Basel Open Intelligence an essential tool for third-party due diligence, risk assessment, employee screening, KYC and other compliance reasons.
- Gather information more quickly, easily and effectively thanks to one-click searches.
- Quickly spot whether a person or company represents a risk to your organisation.
- Complete simple due diligence checks in a couple of clicks.
- Enhance your third-party due diligence, carrying out more thorough information research without adding to your workload.
- Build detailed profiles of a person or company to identify potential risks.
- Cover your bases with a comprehensive search of publicly available information in several languages.
- Generate and print custom reports according to your company's needs.
- Searches are processed and stored securely on a central server – not on personal computers.
Financial Intelligence Units, anti-corruption agencies, police, prosecutors and investigative journalists worldwide use Basel Open Intelligence to help their investigative efforts.
- Identify priority areas at the start of an investigation.
- Speed up systematic intelligence gathering on suspect individuals and organisations.
- Build more comprehensive profiles of suspects, locations, corporate links and networks.
- Broaden investigations to other members of a suspect’s network.
- Automatically generate custom reports.
- Present information in a clear format that supports the creation of evidence for prosecution.
- Searches are processed and stored securely on a central server for greater anonymity and offline access, even if results later disappear from the internet.
How to use
We offer 2,000 searches/year free for public organisations in countries eligible to receive development aid. Currently, we also offer a 50% discount to public organisations and small- and medium-sized businesses (below 250 employees or USD 54 million in annual turnover).
Do you have questions regarding Basel Open Intelligence? Please contact Team Leader IT and eLearning, Peter Huppertz.