How corruption threatens the forests of Ukraine: launch of Environmental Corruption Deep Dive report
This online event launched the Basel Institute’s new report: How corruption threatens the forests of Ukraine: Typology and case studies on corruption and illegal logging.
- Claudio Nardi, Counsellor, Office For Foreign Affairs, Principality of Liechtenstein
- Dr Amanda Cabrejo le Roux, Environmental Crime Specialist, Basel Institute on Governance
- Yehor Hrynyk, Environmental Campaigner, Ukrainian Nature Conservation Group
- Dr Andrii Biletskyi, Anti-Corruption Expert, Anti-Corruption Research and Education Centre of the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy
- Hamlet Pohosian, Director of the Department of Balanced Nature Management, Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources of Ukraine
- Anatolii Borsuk, Chief Specialist of the Forest Resources Protection and Restoration Division, Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources of Ukraine
- Viktoria Denyak, Head of Corruption Prevention, Forests of Ukraine state authority
- Dr Iaroslav Teleshun, Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv; Senior Policy Expert of WWF Ukraine.
- Juhani Grossmann, Team Leader, Green Corruption programme and Senior Advisor, Central and Eastern Europe, Basel Institute on Governance
Working Paper 50: Seedlings of hope: Addressing corruption linked to crimes that impact the environment in line with UNCAC Resolution 8/12
At the 8th session of the Conference of the States Parties to the United Nations Convention…
Seedlings of hope: New report on promising efforts to address environmental corruption
Four years ago, States parties to the UN Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC) committed to a…