The project aimed to create fair and clean business environment in China by submitting policy recommendations and building compliance capacities of all market participants. Research by the Beijing New Century Academy on Transnational Corporations (NATC) shows that while Chinese companies are highly motivated to comply with corporate rules on ethics, there is still a diverse range of Chinese companies which lack the ability to establish and implement such a compliance system.
In concrete terms, the project focused on attaining the following objectives:
- Undertaking in-depth compliance-related research which will help Chinese companies to establish a workable compliance system.
- Continuing to advocate and engage policy makers through the submission of ethics-related policy recommendations to the public sector.
- Operating the Compliance Club which will be expanded to involve more market participants and include more compliance-related activities.
- Implementing the Compliance Knowledge Sharing project and enhancing the Chinese Compliance Website to reach a wider audience.
- Convening Semi-Annual Forums to exchange ideas, disseminate examples of best practice that have been identified and create synergies.
Last updated: 13.05.2020
This information is gathered from open-source data and in some cases has been provided by initiative facilitators. We cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information and do not take responsibility for decisions made on the basis of it. Please inform us of any errors by emailing us at the contact details on the main database page.