CoST works with government, industry and civil society to promote the disclosure, validation and interpretation of data from infrastructure projects, to inform and empower citizens to hold decision-makers accountable. It is a country-centred multi-stakeholder initiative designed to promote transparency and accountability in publicly financed construction.
The CoST framework contains several features which are then applied and adapted within the specific country context, with disclosure, assurance and a multi-stakeholder approach being the three essential elements. The objectives are:
- Improve the value for money spent on the construction of public infrastructure.
- Achieve the delivery of good quality infrastructure projects at lower cost.
- Improve the use of funds in public construction, resulting in better and more reliable infrastructure.
- Free savings to extend social and economic services
- Raise investor confidence
Last updated: 25.11.2020
This information is gathered from open-source data and in some cases has been provided by initiative facilitators. We cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information and do not take responsibility for decisions made on the basis of it. Please inform us of any errors by emailing us at the contact details on the main database page.