The 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Olympic Games provided an opportunity to set an example in the fight against corruption and to ensure that resources invested in infrastructure are spent in a transparent and efficient way.
The project’s specific objectives were to raise the:
- level of transparency in public procurement and expenditure;
- integrity level of public-private sector relations and agreements;
- level of social control over public budget and expenditure.
The main activities are:
- the development of corporate self-regulation mechanisms through the establishment of Sector Agreements, a set of Local Administration Transparency Indicators applicable to the host cities of the events;
- a Local Administration Transparency Pact; social control mechanisms and instruments providing the society with tools to understand and follow public expenditure and contracts and to engage business;
- social mobilisation for the approval of a set of regulation bills fostering integrity and combating corruption.
Last updated: 07.05.2020
This information is gathered from open-source data and in some cases has been provided by initiative facilitators. We cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information and do not take responsibility for decisions made on the basis of it. Please inform us of any errors by emailing us at the contact details on the main database page.