Basel Open Intelligence
Enhanced research powers for financial investigators
Basel Open Intelligence is a powerful search tool for identifying and investigating links between individuals, companies and criminal activities.
With a single click, it runs multilingual, open-source searches for names in combination with 270 keywords. If there is public information about a person or company’s links to financial crime, law enforcement and judicial actions, Basel Open Intelligence will help you find it.
The tool is used worldwide by financial investigators, law enforcement practitioners, researchers and investigative journalists.
- Instant, automated search for individuals and organisations – no more manual online searches.
- Pre-programmed with more than 200 relevant keywords of financial and other crimes in multiple languages.
- Keywords can be tailored to specific needs.
- Uses open-source information from media, blogs, PEP databases and sanction lists, avoiding confidentiality issues.
- Clear overview of results, with highlights and excerpts for efficient analysis.
- Extraction of persons, organisations, professional positions and locations to find related entities
- Uses external servers for searching and downloading documents, so searches can’t be traced to your organisation.
Why use Basel Open Intelligence for financial investigations?
Financial Intelligence Units, anti-corruption agencies, police, prosecutors and investigative journalists worldwide use Basel Open Intelligence to help their investigative efforts. It is useful at all stages of an investigation:
- Identify priority areas at the start of an investigation.
- Speed up systematic intelligence gathering on suspect individuals and organisations.
- Build more comprehensive profiles of suspects, locations, corporate links and networks.
- Broaden investigations to other members of a suspect’s network.
- Automatically generate custom reports.
- Present information in a clear format that supports the creation of evidence for prosecution.
- Searches are stored securely; encrypted with your private key.
Basel Open Intelligence also improves security and anonymity by automatically downloading search results to a central server for offline analysis and storage. This ensures the information is processed securely – not on personal computers or using your internet connection.
Pricing for public organisations
The prices are available for public organisations. We offer 2'000 searches/year free for public organisations in countries eligible to receive development aid. Please check here regarding the pricing for private organisations.